- Hard-cover protective top – covered trailer
- Affordable and weather resistant
- Low loading deck
You don’t need a truck to tow this small cargo trailer; you can tow it easily right behind your car as long as it has a towing package. The 5×8 enclosed trailer can hold a queen-size bed and tow up to 1,800 lbs! All cargo trailer rentals have a soft ride, rub rails, multiple tie-downs and lockable doors to protect your belongings.
Businesses frequently rent enclosed cargo trailers simply because they do not have a vehicle big enough to transport larger or bulk items. Office furniture moves, trade show exhibits and new office supplies are common reasons why businesses rent cargo trailers. There is more than 200 cubic feet of loading space in this enclosed cargo trailer; that’s extra space for you that is easy to tow.
Save time by reserving and scheduling your 5×8 cargo trailer rental online today. We put safety first, so all trailer customers are advised to load the trailer heavier in front, drive slower than you normally would, and please, always wear your seatbelt.
- Inside dimensions: 8′ x 4’8″ x 5’4″ (LxWxH)
- Door opening: 4’0″ x 4’10” (WxH)
- Lowest deck
- Softest ride
- Padded rub rails
- Holds queen size Bed
- Volume: up to 208 cu. ft.
- Max load: 1,800 lbs.
- Gross vehicle weight: 2,700 lbs. max.
- Empty weight: 900 lbs.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV or Jeep. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- The curb weight of your tow vehicle must exceed the weight of the loaded trailer.
- In order to tow, your vehicle must be equipped with an adequate hitch system and lighting connections. Your hitch system includes the receiver hitch, ball mount and ball. The overall rating is determined by the lowest rated component of the three. How to determine your hitch system rating.
- Must have 1-7/8″ or, 2″ hitch ball (2,000 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height 25″
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- The allowed cargo in this trailer will be calculated based on the curb weight of your vehicle and the lowest rated component of your hitch system.
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.